Mastermind Montessori School, Markham (MMSM)
Summer STEM Camp 2018
(July 3 – August 24, 2018)
Toddler and Casa Ages (18 months – 6 years old)
STEM is a curriculum based on the idea of educating children in four specific disciplines; science, technology, engineering and mathematics, in an interdisciplinary and applied approach. STEM pervades every part of our lives and develops a set of thinking, reasoning, teamwork, investigative, and creative skills that children can use in all areas of their lives. STEM based jobs will be the second fastest growing sector by 2020.
The aim for our Summer STEM Camp is to develop the ability within our children to focus on real-world issues and problems, identify difficulties or design challenges to develop a solution, encourage and immerse children in hands-on inquiry and open-ended exploration. Children will be involved in productive teamwork and hands-on experiences.
*Original Registration Forms and full payment of Summer Camp fees must be submitted to the school upon registration.
- Full Camp: 5% OFF tuition, not including lunch and extended care, will be provided for registration into the full 8 week program.
- Early Bird: 5% OFF tuition, not including lunch and extended care, when payment is received before April 30th.
- MMSM Markham Families: 5% OFF will be given to MMSM current students, not including lunch and extended care.
- Sibling: 5% OFF tuition, not including lunch and extended care, to be applied towards the lower tuition.
- The total discount cannot exceed 15%.
- This program is offered to children currently enrolled with Mastermind Montessori as well as to children not yet enrolled.
- Fees include two snacks for Full Day students and one snack for Half Day students each day.
- All field trips are subject to change and dependent upon weather conditions.
- There will be an additional cost for the Farm Trip (Week 4).
- Additional transportation fees may be applied for field trips.
- Should you choose to not attend a field trip, no school will be provided for your child on that day.
- To confirm registration, the attached application form must be signed and full payment for the week(s) of enrollment must be provided.